Like many businesses, Dunninghams is a perfect candidate for solar with relatively high baseload energy demands that can be offset by solar power during the day, combined with a large roof space.
VECTOR POWERSMART SPOKE TO SCOTT REYNOLDS, CEO AT DUNNINGHAMS, REGARDING HIS DECISION TO CHOOSE SOLAR.
Q: Originally, what motivated you to install solar in the first place?
Scott: Simply, it was the desire to reduce our huge $7,000 monthly power bill by utilising our roof space for solar.
Q: You have had solar for a couple of years now and are extending solar across your new building, can you explain the additional solar?
Scott: I will answer this in two parts:
First for Dunninghams solar works very well as power production is almost identical to hours of operation. That is, when the sun is producing energy during the day, we are at work.
Second, with the additional roof space in the new warehouse, we have the opportunity to obtain further power savings and offset our carbon footprint as a company.
TOITŪ GOLD CERTIFICATION
WE ARE DELIGHTED TO CONFIRM THAT DM DUNNINGHAM LIMITED HAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED THE 2021-2022 AUDIT REQUIREMENTS OF TOITŪ ENVIROMARK GOLD CERTIFICATION.
The key elements and achievements for Toitū Enviromark gold certification are that they:
- Have identified and established objectives, targets and KPIs
- Have implemented and maintained environmental programmes to address significant environmental aspects
- Have processes in place to monitor significant environmental aspects
- Have emergency preparedness and response processes in place to prepare for and respond to potential emergency situations
- Have processes for evaluation of compliance which assess and correct compliance issues to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Have environmental programmes in place to comply with legal and other requirements
- Have determined the context and scope of your organisation
- Can demonstrate leadership and commitment by top management in allocating appropriate personnel and resources to the EMS Have assigned and communicated roles, responsibilities and authorities for the EMS
We've just installed a new water tank with filter and UV light for rear warehouse facilities.
The benefits to the environment are: It prevents soil erosion and reduces flooding. Uncollected rainwater collects toxins and sediment from soil erosion and is deposited into streams, lakes and ponds via our drainage systems. Large storage tanks can also help to prevent and reduce floods in lower areas.
Our company vehicles are Electric Hybrids. Next-Gen RAV4 is a No Compromise SUV designed to meet the needs of active, adventurous and sustainably-conscious New Zealanders who are both young and young at heart.
The hybrid powertrain in the RAV4 provides you with maximum power of 163 kilowatts through its Electronically-controlled CVT transmission, but most importantly a combined fuel consumption of 4.8l/100km & CO2 emissions of just 112g/km.
E-waste is the fastest-growing toxic waste stream in New Zealand. Every year, New Zealand generates over 80,000 tonnes of electronic waste, much of which contain toxic elements.
E-waste can be turned into e-scrap by recycling it, and promisingly, New Zealand has a small but growing e-scrap processing industry. We're making it as easy as possible for our staff to dispose of their electronic waste, as well as lessening our footprint on the environment as a business.
ETHICAL TRADING (ANTI SLAVERY)
Supplier reviews and completes our supply agreement which includes a supplier code of conduct schedule. It contains clauses that address discrimination, health and safety, compliance with all local employment laws and regulations (including minimum age requirements), modern slavery and exploitation, privacy rights and working conditions (remuneration, hours, leave).